We’ve gotten that question a few times in the last couple of weeks. I sooooo wish I knew the answer. We are very close to seeing our sweet boy, and believe me, we are beyond excited.
What are we waiting for?
1. Reid’s P3 packet (a packet of paperwork) must be received by the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.
2. Reid must have his visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.
3. Our agency will call us and tell us we are ready to travel. We will most likely be in Korea a few days after we receive that call.
I will be honest with you, I am not doing well with this wait. Some days, in the quiet of my home, I am a bundle of emotional mess. I check the weather and time in Korea just because it makes me feel a little closer to my son. I stare at his picture and wonder how much he has changed, and I look at his room and imagine him playing with his new toys. However, I also see the beauty in God’s timing and I even see the beauty in the waiting. In the last week, I have: found comraderie in new friends on this same journey, enjoyed special time with Trent, Maggie, and Evie that may be hard to find once he is home, and spent time in prayer for our son. I can’t get these moments back and I’m doing my best to make the best of each one. God has us waiting for a reason and we are trying to wait in Him.
We hope you will join us in prayer for:
1. The above events will occur without any delay
2. God will give us peace as we wait for His perfect timing.
3. Protection as we travel
4. A smooth transition for Reid
5. Blessings on his foster family as they say goodbye to their “son for 19 months”
So, why are we still here? We are still here because God wants us here. He’s not ready for us in Korea quite yet. We do our best to rest in Him and in His plan.